Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Final Thoughts..........Whew!!!

When I think of the past seven weeks, I can't believe all the doors that have opened for me as an educator. I came into this class with the attitude that I just needed three credits and my friend, Sheryl, wanted me to take this class with her. I didn't expect to learn anything valuable. How wrong I was.

When class began and I was introduced to Instructional Design and Social Networking Sites, I was put off. Neither one of these topics was beneficial to me. In fact, at that time, I wanted to stop taking the class. Thank goodness I didn't. Following that I was exposed to Podcasting, Jing, You Tube (more preferably, Teacher Tube), the wiki, the blog and now...the possibilities are endless. Wow, I am so excited to use these applications. I am almost overwhelmed by the possibilities. Not only do I teach Sophomore English, I also teach Spanish. You Tube, Teacher Tube and so many other sites have been such a wonderful supplemental to my class, I can't thank this class enough.

To put it bluntly - I know of no other way - do I feel everything I learned in class was beneficial to me as a teacher? No. Do I believe that most of what I learned will help me be more successful as an educator? Absolutely. I hope that I will have access to LCD projectors and more open access to the internet so I can expose this crazy wonderful world of technology to my students.

And thank you so much for enduring my whining!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment